Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm back!

It has been quite some time since my last post.  I do apologize for that and will get back on track for regular postings.

You'll be happy to know that I have recovered from my intestinal illness.  My vet still doesn't know what caused it, but there was some discussion about my eating too fast that sent my hu-mom into action.  As regular food was reintroduced, my hu-mom would hold my bowl while I ate, then pull it away after a few seconds.  As she pulled it away, she would say, "Zoe, break."  If I tried to go after the food, she would give me the ever-so-popular "ah!" sound, which let me know I had better keep my distance.  After about 10 seconds, she would put the bowl in front of me again and say, "Take it."  I would eat for about 5 seconds and the whole series started again. 

Now, she doesn't have to hold the bowl, she just sets it on the floor and I dive in as usual, then after about 5 seconds she says, "Zoe, break".  That is my cue to STEP AWAY FROM THE BOWL!  I take a step back and wait for the "take it" command.  We repeat this dance until my food is devoured.  This new way of eating sure does cramp my style, but not my stomach!

Have a great day!  ~Zoe

"Every dog must have his day." ~ Jonathan Swift

No comments: