Monday, March 22, 2010

Chapter 11: The Training Continues

With Puppy Kindergarten behind me it is now time to to go train with the Big Dogs.  My hu-mom signed us up for Dog training through the Morro Bay Community Center.  I got a little used to being the big dog on campus, (remember, I trained with a bunch of chihuahuas), so walking into the Big Dog class was a little intimidating.  I spent a lot of time on my back (being submissive), but eventually got to feeling comfortable around all of the dogs and started walking with a bit more confidence.

The class focused on much of the same things we learned in Puppy Kindergarten, only this class was offered to "older" dogs and their humans.  In this class the instructor was a no-nonsense kind of a lady, and was much more expectant.  When she said we were going to practic walking, I walked, and when she said we were going to practice turning, I turned.  She spoke with such command that I think all of us dogs did exactly what we were supposed to do! 

The class lasted for several weeks and reinforced my training.  It was a great bonding time for me and my hu-mom.  ~Zoe  

No comments: